Living in Jacksonville Golf and Country Club is quintessential luxury living in Jacksonville. Convenient, safe and lavished with amenities, the meticulously maintained community enjoys rolling fairways from a championship golf course, a stunning clubhouse with tennis courts and junior Olympic-sized swimming pool and a 3+ acre park, all within the gates. 11 miles of roads connect just over 900 homes; 26 lakes bring wild life, cooling breezes and water views.
- The Golf Course – designed by Clyde Johnson and Fuzzy Zoeler, the beautiful course presents sporting opportunities for all skill levels of play. With seven sets of tees, events for families all year round, a driving range, 5,000 sq. ft putting green, 2 chipping greens and a three large practice bunkers, there is something for the boomer, the hobbyist and the enthusiastic hacker alike.
- Country Club – 26,000 sq. ft country style clubhouse overlooking twin signature greens on the 9th and 18th holes, three dining options (fine dining in the Members Dining Room, Mulligan’s Adult Bar and the Down Under Cafe which specializes in breakfast and lunch), spa services, a fitness center and private rooms for social and business events. There are Equity memberships for JGCC property owners and Non-Equity membership for those who do not own a home inside the community.
- Aquatics – the Junior Olympic swimming pool is home to the JGCC Dolphins swim team, creating a great social gathering location for our members during the peak swim season. The pool is open daily with heating elements to keep the pool facilities at an enjoyable temperature, extending our swim season to a year-round basis for our members. With a variety of programs, including adult water aerobics classes and lap lanes available, the pool becomes an ideal venue for fitness as well. In the evening, the poolside is well-known for its “movie nights”, member events and special family holiday events.
- Tennis Program – 10 lighted Har-Tru courts
- Woodland Parke – While the country club has separate membership fees, the park is open to all residents. Called Woodland Parke, it features soccer and baseball fields, basketball and pickleball courts, outdoor grills, workout obstacle course, covered picnic tables and a children’s playground – all within the gates.
Depending upon where in the community you start your journey, the distances to local area hotspots can be as little as
- The Beaches – 14 minutes
- Mayo – 11 minutes
- Everbank Field and Downtown – 20 minutes
- Fabulous restaurants – 4 minutes
- Target/Walmart/Panera – 2 minutes
Gates are staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so that Jacksonville Golf and Country Club residents can feel safe at all times, and children can play outside without worry. A patrol car is often seen slowly keeping an eye out, too, to discourage speeding and further the sense of security..
- Local school buses stop inside the front gates, as do buses from area private schools including Bolles.
- The Club’s social calendar features over a hundred events a year, ranging from Adult Team Trivia, Outdoor Music and Entertainment Events, Karaoke Night, to Membership Mixers and Vintner’s Club Wine Tastings
- The active Women’s Network organize book circles, bridge, culinary adventures, “let’s do lunch” and fundraisers to benefit the community and keep everyone connected.
- Youth Activities – Throughout the year youngsters can choose from a variety of classes and camps. Dance, cheerleading and karate are offered year-round along with recreational and sport specific camps in the summer months.
- KIDS’ CLUBHOUSE – The ultimate convenience for members! Our drop-in child care facility for children 6 months through 9 years of age is available to our members while on property. Enjoy peace of mind with our caring, qualified staff while enjoying Club amenities.
- JUNIOR LOUNGE – Jacksonville Golf & Country Club Juniors, ages 10 and older, are welcome to enjoy the club facilities without parental supervision. Our Junior Lounge provides a great place to kick back and hang out with friends. The room is equipped with foosball, air hockey, board games and televisions.
For more information on just the country club, check out their YouTube Channel at Jacksonville Golf and Country Club YouTube Channel. You’ll hear how the team prepares for the annual Thanksgiving Buffet, starting a good 7 days in advance!